PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, July 23, 2010

Dog good byes..?


How do you say good bye to a dog? After dropping Tandy off at the puppy sitter again today i started to think about this. The kids hugged him and i pet him and turned around and left. but what does he know? What are dogs capable of thinking or sensing? I have no clue, i really don't know a lot about dogs, but i do know the day is fast approaching when Tandy goes back to the kennel at NSD and we have to say our final good byes. The kids and i were talking about this on the way home, wondering what we can do when we know it is time to give him back. We will ahve to come up with some kind of ritual that makes us feel good while being with him, like having a picnic at the dog park? hahaha I don't know...tears are welling in my eyes just thinking about it, thinking about how i have never loved a dog and now i have gone and done it, fell in love with a frisky puppy that is not even mine.

2 comments:

  1. They don't understand "goodbye" nor do they understand the concept of time, but we certainly do! The best thing you can do is give him lots of hugs, make sure you do everything you can to help him be the best dog he can be and savor the last cuddles on the floor, the last outings, the last runs in the park and certainly a picnic wouldn't hurt! We know what you're going through, you're not alone! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely picture of him. People keep asking me how I'm going to give Tawny up but I don't think I'll know until I do.

    ReplyDelete